- Can you give us a basic summary of Silver Creek?
Silver Creek is a story about love, faith, trust, and forgiveness.
- What kind of research did you do in order to write it?
I researched a little about the weather in Texas and that was basically it.
- How long did it take you to write it from start to finish?
It took me around six months to write it.
- What was most difficult in writing Silver Creek?
Forgiveness. I had to keep reminding myself that the character wasn't me and I had really work on the forgiveness the character
- Are there any authors or books who inspired you as a writer?
Karen Kingsbury and J.K. Rowling
- Do you keep a strict writing schedule?
No I write at work and at home so I never know when it's going to hit me. Especially when ideas pop into my head in the
middle of the night or something.
- Who is your target audience?
Teens, adults, men, women, Christians, non-Christians.
- What are some of your favorite books?
Karen Kingsbury's Redemption series. Left Behind series. Harry Potter series.
Same as those that inspired me.
- What would you like your readers to know about you?
That I was given this gift from God and that I hope that it helps just one person.
- What are you working on now?
I just finished the second book of the series, The Road Back, and I started working on a stand alone title Love
- Any tips for aspiring writers?
Don't give up.
For more information, please visit Melinda's website at www.freewebs.com/melindakaye.